How to configure your printer in Windows:
If we but a new computer for our home or office in the starting we don’t know how to configure the printer and share it. This post will share some ideas of sharing the printer in windows operating systems like XP, 7.
How to share your printer and files:
Mostly only one printer will directly connect with the PC. If you want to connect one more system with printer, you have to share your printer with other systems from system which is directly connected with the printer.
To share your printer
1. Open Printers and Faxes. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Printers and Faxes.
2. Right-click the printer, then click Sharing.
3. On the Sharing tab, click Share this printer and then type a share name for the shared printer.
How to Add Network Printer:
After sharing the printer you have to connect the printer in each machine that’s important without connecting you can’t access the printer
1) Click Start menu and click Printers and Faxes.
2) Click Add Printer and then click Next button.
3) Select “A Network Printer, “Option. And Click Next button
4) Give your workgroup name and Printer Name.
Here atechguide is workgroup name and HPLaserJ is a Printer name.
If you set your default printer in your system then it will be easy to take your print otherwise each time you have to select your printer.
How to set your default Printer in Windows:
For Windows users:
1. Click Start then Control Panel.
2. Select Printers and Faxes.
2. Right-click over the printer you would like to set as the default printer.
3. Click on Set As Default Printer.