A Tutorial to share files between two computers in windows 7. If you want share a files between two computers in the same network, this tutorial help you to do that with simple steps quickly.
To share a file we can follow two approaches
- Creating a shared folder/Drive and give access to that folder.
- Directly Share a file where it’s available.
Before to share a file Turn on file sharing in Control Panel.
Steps to Turn on file sharing in windows 7
- Open Control Panel then select Network and Sharing Center. Or open this path “Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center”
- Under your Profile, select Turn on Network Discovery.
- Under File and Printer Sharing, select Turn on File and Printer sharing
- Under Public Folder Sharing, select Turn on sharing
Steps to create Shared Folder / Driver
Select the Drive which you want to make as shared drive or Folder. This drive or folder will be accessed from other computers.
- Right click the driver and select properties.
- Select Sharing Tab and then click “Advanced sharing”.
- Select “share this Folder” Checkbox.
- Give Share Name.
- Limit the number of simultaneous connection – How many users you want to use the folder simultaneously.
- Click Permission Button and Select the permission. (Read, Change or Full Control)
If it’s a folder right click the folder select properties. And then select Sharing Tab and then click “Share” button.
Steps to map drive in windows 7
- Open “My Computer” in Windows
- Click Tools and then click Map Network Drive
- Please check “Reconnect on Logon” is checked
- Click Browse Button
- Select the Network Drive to share and choose the shared folder of another computer.
- Finally Click Finish button.
If you have any issues while sharing a file in your network write to us via comment we will help you.