How to Install WAMP server on windows 7 64 bit:
WAMP Server is application which allows you to create a dynamic application in your system. WAMP contains Apache, MySQL and one of PHP, Perl or Python. Install WAMP server on windows 7 64 bit or 32 bit is not different from normal windows XP system.
If you are already installed wamp and having issues in wamp then Kindly read Fix wamp Offline Error
How to Install WAMP server on windows 7 64 bit or 32 bit system:
1. Download WAMP server
2. Install WAMP server on Windows
3. Double click on installer WampServer 2.0i.
4. Click run to Install and click next button.
5. Select option I accept and then click on next.
6. Choose the directory sample “d:\wamp” and click next.
7. Select/Deselect the icons display action.
8. Click Install (Installation Process will start)
9. After completion Click Next and then click Finish button
Wamp Icon will available right side bottom of the task bar
Steps to create MySQL database through PHP-Admin in Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit:
1. Open http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ website.
2. Click Database Tab and then give name to database.
3. Click Create Button.
4. Database Created.
Change default browser in WAMP:
1. Open C:\wamp in Windows Explorer (or wherever you installed wampserver)
2. Open “wampmanager.conf” in a text editor
3. Find the Find the following line: “navigator =“
navigator = “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE”
4. Replace it with:
navigator = “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”
5. Save the file
6. Restart the tray icon
Enable Rewrite module in Apache – WAMP server:
1. Click WAMP icon in right side bottom of Windows. (Left mouse Click not right click).
2. Select Apache and then Apache module.
3. Check rewrite_module. (Please see the screenshot below for reference)
WAMP is very useful software to web developers and wordpress bloggers. If you have any issues while install WAMP server on windows 7 64 bit or 32 bit, please ask your queries.