Sometimes we might get error like wamp server Offline.. This error happens because of IIS server configuration with windows 7, port, IP 127.0.0.1 used by other application. In this article am sharing how to handle and resolve WAMP Server Offline Error in windows operating system.
Port Issue WAMP Server Offline
Port issue won’t make your wamp server offline. But it is always good to know which port is used by wamp server.
Apache>Service>Test Port 80
See the below image to see how to check “which port number is used by wamp?”
If you get the message “Your port 80 is not actually used” then port 80 is free. If the port used by some other program then change the wamp server port number.
How to change WAMP server port number windows 7
- Go to d:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\conf
- Open httpd.conf file
- Search for Listen 80
- Change the line “Listen 80” to “Listen 8080” (or Listen You can use any no)
- Save the file and close it
- Then open http://localhost:8080/ , next to the localhost place the port no you changed in the httpd.conf file
This solution is really helpful to use both IIS and wamp server.
Steps to Restart WAMP Service in windows 7
If the above method is not worked and still your wamp server is offline then follow these steps.
- Press Windows + R, to open Run.
- Type services.msc and click enter.
- Services windows will open.
- Confirm wampapache, wampmysqld is started if not please start it manually.
- Right click wampapache and then click start. Do the same for wampmysqld too.
Now you manually started the wamp service, so surely your wamp server will become online.
I hope these solutions are really helpful to repair “wamp server offline” error. Still if you have any issues please share with us via comments we try our best to solve that.