Windows XP Performance:
Microsoft asks users to stop using of Windows XP and promoting windows 8 and Windows 7.After 2014 Microsoft is going to stop windows XP tech support. Microsoft already stops Internet explorer 10 to Windows XP. Still 42% of people are using Windows XP only. In India it’s little more. Lots of websites are providing free solution for Windows XP in online, so if Microsoft stops its support also won’t affect.
After installing fresh windows XP system’s speed will good, but after some time windows XP performance will slow because of load.
Performance Options in windows XP used to boost your computer speed. Using this performance option we can change the performance of windows XP, if any problem happened by the option changed , we can restore options.
How to Choose Best Performance option in Windows:
Click Start Icon – Control Panel
Select System -> System Properties (System Properties contains 7 Tabs)
Select Advanced Tab – > Performance ->Performance Options
In this performance options Tab you can see the option like Visual Effects, Advanced, and Data Execution Prevention. In Visual Effects select the “Adjust for best performance”, in this option all windows XP performance will available. By modifying those properties we can increase the performance of windows XP.
Best Virtual Memory Settings:
Changing option in virtual memory will give lots of change in the performance. Virtual memory is a part of memory in hard disk. Windows uses this memory as RAM memory. Windows uses virtual memory as RAM, when no memory available in RAM for new applications, its transfer the RAM memory to virtual. This will called as page file and swap file.
1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
2. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Performance click Settings.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Virtual memory click Change.
4. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change.
5. Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, type a new paging file size in megabytes (MB) in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.
6. Click OK to close the dialog box and apply changes.
Best windows virtual memory setting is 1.5 or 2 times of your RAM size.
EG. If Ram= 1GB, then set Virtual memory as 1536MB.
By those options we can change our windows XP performance. Before changing anything in your system Please take backup.